Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    janez67

error: Timed out while waiting for host to return message ID” when sending from Fax….

I usually receive this error message on the workstation I use to send fax via another PC used like host of winfax.

The suggestion received from Symantec (clear all *.tmp files, update DCOM ecc.) are all useless and without any effect

Anyone know some cure to solve this problem??

TKS Mauro – Trieste – Italy

Anonymous

Strange but one of our users got the same message today. I’ve completed all but the last two steps suggested by symantec. I have not sent a new fax to see if problem has been fixed. I do know that it did not update the client computer’s log. The two faxes that had the time out message still have the time out message.

The faxes did get sent ok. It’s just a time out error of the host letting the client know that the faxes were sent ok.

Strange. I’ll keep you posted on my progress.

FatBoy

Anonymous

@janez67 wrote:

error: Timed out while waiting for host to return message ID” when sending from Fax….

I usually receive this error message on the workstation I use to send fax via another PC used like host of winfax.

The suggestion received from Symantec (clear all *.tmp files, update DCOM ecc.) are all useless and without any effect

Anyone know some cure to solve this problem??

TKS Mauro – Trieste – Italy

are you using static or dynamic ip address with WinFax Host and clients?

what version of Windows are you using?

Does it happen all the time, or just a few times when sending many faxes?

Edited By Moderator on May 23 2005 at 10:10

janez67

Hi…

We use static IP address for all the PC on our lan
    we use XP Pro sp2 on the winfax host and (on the machine that receive the error message) windows 2000 sp4 with all the update from windowsupdate

It happen random for a week nothing, 4 times per day other times….

I’ve follow all the instructions issued by symantech for the XP SP2 and Winfax related problems.

Anonymous

Mauro,
    not sure if you are using the Italian version of WinFax, but if you are using English version of WinFax PRO 10.02 you might want to try to update to 10.04 which solves some problems with Fax/Host sharing with Windows XP.
    There is a message in the Files area regarding a 10.04 patch you might want to obtain from Symantec. You’ll need to update to 10.03 first before you can apply this patch file.

janez67

effectively i’m using the italian version of wfax pro 10.02
    i’ve not found any upgrade for the italian version… :-((((

Do u know if this update is available somewhere???

Tks

Mauro – Trieste – Italy

Anonymous

Mauro I am not sure if the update will function with Italian version. You can try, I see no warning message regarding usage with non-English version.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.