Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am using an access application to send a couple hundred faxes every day, each with adobe attachments, and winfax is creating an .fxs file in the data directory for every fax that I send. Is there a way to have winfax automatically delete these files when it is done?

Anonymous

there is an option to delete the page after sending. Click on the SEND option in the WinFax Setup. In the “After Send” tab there is an option to delete after send.

there is also a SDK function to delete pages after send.

SetDeleteAfterSend

Instructs WinFax to delete all fax pages after they have been sent successfully. This function returns 1 on error, 0 on OK. If this function is not used, user settings in WinFax are used.

Syntax:

short SetDeleteAfterSend(short deleteaftersend)

short deleteaftersend – To delete successfully sent fax pages, set this parameter to 1. Otherwise, set it to 0.

Anonymous

I tried both methods, and the .fxs files are still accumulating. I’ve had the option ‘delete after send’ set in the program setup under the Send properties all along, and just added the code to the application that sets the prameter SetDeleteAfterSend (“1”). There is an .fxs file being created for each page of the attachments.

Thanks

Anonymous

go into the Message Manager and check the Attachments, do you have a “Temporary Attachments” folder? If so, you probably have a load of attachments listed here that will be deleted automatically over time. You can manually delete them from here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.