Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have bought a HP Photosmart-2710 All 4 in 1 product two weeks ago, and connected this machine with my computer via wireless router, this machine works perfect whether scanning, printing, faxing, no doubts at all. Problem occurs when i tried to connect this machine with my winfax software. I have planned to use the fax modem function of this HP 2710 to send and receive fax with my winfax software, however, winfax cannot detect any modem from the HP 2710. So how can i configure in the winfax setting to detect the internal modem installed in the HP 2710??? (my computer and the HP 2710 is wireless connected)

JohnD
    Participant

WinFax is probably not compatible with this fax device. WinFax uses TAPI or Direct to COM port mode to communicate with the fax device, and that device must use either CLASS 1, CLASS 2 or CLASS 2.0 fax commands to be able to communicate with WinFax.

Does the fax modem show up in the Control Panel in Windows as a device?

Anonymous

Nothing is shown up about the fax modem in the windows. My computer and the printer is wireless connected, and i can fax documents through Microsoft words fax wizard, but my computer could not detect any modem, i really dun know why

JohnD
    Participant

@GERRARD wrote:

Nothing is shown up about the fax modem in the windows. My computer and the printer is wireless connected, and i can fax documents through Microsoft words fax wizard, but my computer could not detect any modem, i really dun know why

I couldn’t find any specific fax information on that model, so I doubt it will work with WinFax. WinFax requires that the fax modem is detected in Windows. If its not shown in the Control Panel under Modems/Fax Devices, it won’t be detected by Winfax. Its possible your HP Printer uses a printer driver or custom driver in Windows to fax directly to it.
    You might want to contact HP and see if there is any possible fix to make it a CLASS 1 , CLASS 2 or 2.0 compatible fax modem.

Edited By JohnD on 1127488316

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.