Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have version 10.00 on a WinXP Pro box.

The documentation states that with the supported formats, there is no delay in sending the fax. I am sending MS Word files via the SDK and Word is opening to convert the file. Why is this happening?

Anonymous

@SpudmanWP wrote:

I have version 10.00 on a WinXP Pro box.

The documentation states that with the supported formats, there is no delay in sending the fax. I am sending MS Word files via the SDK and Word is opening to convert the file. Why is this happening?

It will always convert an non-native WinFax format, unless you are faxing the same page again.

WinFax formats are FXD, FXS, FXR
    anything else needs to be converted to one of these formats before it will fax.

.FXR is a fax received by WinFax
    .FXD is a fax that was sent by WinFax (and converted)
    .FXS is a fax attachment that you’ve created.

Edited By Moderator on July 03 2004 at 13:30

Anonymous

Hi,
    I got a new dell with no pci port for modem connection.
    But I got a usb port converter to connect my US Robotics 56 kb modem to my computer,that is to say,connect modem to that converter,then connect that one by using usb cable to my computer.

But the problem is very weird and terrible.
    It seems everything is great after unplugging and plugging in the power cord for both usb converter and that robotics modem and restarting my brand new dell computer.

But in a few minutes,the problems happen in three ways,

the first case,if you dial that number,you just hear the dial tone,no response forever from winfax.

the second case,you can see from the screen,winfax starts answering after 2 tones(I set up 2 tones),but it just shows :ANSERING…that’s it,nothing in nature answered at all,and stayed there for a few minutes and then disappeared.

the 3rd case,it works very well for a day or two,but after that,the problem happens.I set up to receive faxes after 2 rings,but sometimes,it has 8 or 9 rings before it starts receiving;sometimes,just shows :answering with nothing to receive;sometimes,winfax has no response at all.
    —-
    Could you help find out the possible problem?
    If you think that USB connection for modem and converter and my new computer caused the problem,do you have any idea to replace with a regular pci modem ?
    It seems Dell new computers don’t have any regular ports at all for modems.

Thanks a lot.

John

Anonymous

The first thing i would check is the setup for WinFax and your US Robobtics modem. Is it configured as a Class 1 or Class 2.0 modem? If its set at Class 2.0, try switching to Class 1. IF your using Class 1, try Class 2.0

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.