Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    richard luft

Hi: My pc dealer just installed winfax pro into my pc. It works fine in MSWord, but when I try to use Wordperfect as my wordprocesser I get msg of “Waiting for printer to initialize”, which never seems to happen!
    I also notice that when I use a normal printer, the “Print” button remains disabled, so I can’t even print to a regular printer using Wordperfect.
    Any suggestions as to what is wrong, and what the solution might be.
    TIA, Richard

Anonymous

what version of WinFax PRO (check Help, About) and what version of Word Perfect ?

richard luft

Wordperfect office X3 (WPWin13), and WinFaxPro 8.0

Anonymous

I believe Corel released an update to fix this problem. Please see this link
    http://www.corel.com/content/wpo/WPOSP1_Patch_Readme.htm

richard luft

Thanks. I hope this solves it.
    Richard

richard luft

Unfortuneately, problem not resolved by servicepack1, but still remains the same:
    That is, if I try to print to Winfax, I get status msg of “waiting for printer to initialize”, while if I try to print hard-copy, then I get status msg of “ready”, yet the “print” command btn remains disabled.
    Of note, wordperfect used to work fine to regular printers when I was using “FaxTalk” software (though Faxtalk didnt receive faxes properly. That’s why my dealer installed WinmFax, and then began my problem.
    Richard

Anonymous

You might want to check with Corel, or your dealer regarding Word Perfect and compatibility with WinFax PRO 8.0. If you can’t print to any Windows printer driver with Word Perfect, then you’ve got some Word Perfect problem and it is not limited to WinFax PRO. I know older versions of Word Perfect used to have specific Word Perfect Printer drivers, and you could use either the Word Perfect drivers or the Windows based drivers. You might need to set Word Perfect to use Windows drivers only. I really don’t know if this is applicable to the X3 version of WP. I haven’t used Word Perfect since the DOS days of WP 6.0, so I can’t really assist you there. Also, it may be that the Service Pack 1 update for X3 really only fixed the initializing printer problem with WinFax PRO 10 (or later) versions so it may not apply to WinFax PRO 8.0.

Also to keep in mind, WinFax PRO 8.0 is old (released 1997) and pre-dates Windows XP (and even Windows 2000), and I wouldn’t recommend it for use with Windows XP/2000. The oldest version of WinFax PRO that you can use (at least with some reliability) with Windows XP is WinFax PRO 9.02. The latest version is available from Symantec is 10.04

Edited By Moderator on 1158892709

richard luft

“If you can’t print to any Windows printer driver with Word Perfect, then you’ve got some Word Perfect problem and it is not limited to WinFax PRO.”
    >>>>>>>>>
    Note that WordPerfect was able to print to my hard-copy printers without a problem before the installation of WinFax Pro. Its just that my Fax driver at that time (FaxTalk) was acting erratically. I remain thoroughly puzzled.

Anonymous

WinFax does install its own Windows printer driver, but it is very unlikely that this alone caused a problem with Word Perfect. If you believe the problem is caused by WinFax PRO, I would suggest uninstalling WinFax PRO and see if the problem continues. You may then need to reinstall Word Perfect X3 again (and then reapply Service Pack 1 for X3) and see if this resolves the printing problems from WP. If this resolves the problem , then you can try reinstalling WinFax PRO again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.