Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    conklin

I got a new computer and installed WinFax 10. It didn’t work and when I tried to reinstall it, I was advised to uninstall before re-installing, which I did. When I tried to reinstall, I was advised to uninstall. I removed program files and any other evidence I could find. I checked a little in the registry, but decided not to go there!

I have never had problems with thin on other computers. My friend, who also purchased the same computer as mine, had the same problem. I have since purchased a (much inferior) faxing program. She needs WinFax in order to receive faxes from her office.

Any ideas???

Administrator
    Keymaster

there is a program you can download to remove WinFax, more info see this link:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….ocument

this will remove all WinFax data so if it is a new install with no data that is required, I recommend using this method when uninstall fails.

If you have a problem during the installation, you’ll need to include more info on what is happening during the install. You can also use our Live Support Services where a Support technican can walk you through the installation process to ensure everything is OK.

More details here:
    http://www.getfaxing.com/services.htm

conklin

I have run symcln.exe as well as winfaxclean and it comes up with a message that the SYMClean tool has detected no additional items that need to be removed. However, when I try to reinstall, I receive a message that WinFax has detected a previous version (I have never installed a previous version on this machine) and it must be uninstalled before installing this version.

When I run wfx1003Add_removeClean.reg I receive the message that Information in c:Docume~1carolc~1locals~1temptemporary directory 1 for Wfx1003AddRemoveClean.zip]Wfx1003Add_removeClean.reg has been successfully entered into the registry. [ OK ]

I am not sure what additional information you need.

conklin

Since running these apps, I have had a difficult time getting into the getfaxing website — continually getting “not responding”. I don’t know if this is a coincidence or not.

Administrator
    Keymaster

ok reading your other post I understand you are using version 10.02.

1) Symclean may not detect winfax is installed because some specific registry keys are missing, so it will fail to remove anything if it thinks Winfax is already removed.
    This usually happens when you try to manually remove winfax, but don’t properly remove all the keys and then attempt to use Symclean.

2) the Wfx1003Add_removeClean.reg should only be used for WinFax PRO version 10.03. It removes the WinFax PRO 10 entry from the Add/Remove Programs list. Using this can also prevent Symclean from working.

Assuming everything else is OK, the only registry key you need to modify is in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Delrina. The “DELRINA” key should be renamed to something else, like “DELRINAOLD”

Click on the DELRINA key, click on EDIT, RENAME
    Type in “DelrinaOLD”

DO NOT EDIT ANY OTHER KEY IN THE REGISTRY OR DELETE ANY other KEYS. You can cause Windows to fail by deleting a key that is required by the operating system.

Once you’ve done that, exit the registry editor and try reinstalling WinFax PRO (you do not need to reboot the computer)

conklin

I had read about the Delrena entries in another post and had modified it to Delrena.old — this did not help. 🙁

Edited By conklin on 1208529935

Administrator
    Keymaster

@conklin wrote:

I had read about the Delrena entries in another post and had modified it to Delrena.old — this did not help. 🙁

see
    http://www.getfaxing.com/cgi-bin/ib315/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=24;t=161

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.