Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    whalingass

For the past week I have been getting and invalid entry ID error message when I click on my Phonebook.

I have reinstalled XP & Winfax 10.03 but the error continues.

Winfaxtool rebuild phone book doesn’t resolve the issue either. Here is a pic

The address book is called WFX7DEF.WFB, I can view all 500+ contacts but after clicking around I get the error attached. Any other suggestions? Is there any characters or something not allowed that I should look for that could be causing this error in the phonebook?

Administrator
    Keymaster

Try this;

create a new phonebook in WinFax and give it a new name.
    you should now have two phonebooks , the existing phonebook that is giving you the errors and a new , blank phonebook.

Now, open your existing phonebook with your contacts. Select all the records in the phonebook and “Copy” them to the new phonebook. (Do not move them, as this will remove them from the existing phonebook)

If the copy worked, then verify the copied phonebook has all the contacts and there are no errors.
    If an error occurs while trying to copy, then there is a problem with a specific entry (or entries) in the original phonebook.

whalingass

Thanks. I successfully copied all of the contacts into a new phonebook and the error seems to have gone away.

I will test throughout the week and see if that somehow corrected the internal corruption. Keep you posted and thanks again

Administrator
    Keymaster

Does the original phonebook still give you the same error? if so, then the problem is in the original default phonebook files. If you copied everything over to the new phonebook, (and make sure everything is there) you can then delete the original phonebook. Since its likely a default phonebook, you can’t actually remove the entire phonebook but you can remove the contacts inside it. Then, perform a Rebuild on your default phonebook using WinFax Tools. Once you’ve done that, you can then copy the contacts from the other phonebook, back into your default phonebook. You should now have two phonebooks with the same contacts, but now, both should be working.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.