Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kebaldwin

I have about had it with WinFax. The only reason I am using it is because I have to print a logo and I don’t know of any other fax software with photo quality print driver.

WinFax crashes probably 20 times per day. I am trying to print from MS Word 2000 using the photo quality print driver 425 times per day. I get a General Protection Fault in WINFAXHQ.DRV about every 30 faxes. I try to wait until it is done sending for the day and then load it up with faxes for the next day so that it is not printing and faxing at the same time.

Is anyone else able to print and send about 400 faxes per day without it crashing?

Thanks

Anonymous

what version of Windows? Have you tried with Win2000?

also, you might want to check with clearfax.com they sell a photo-quality fax driver that works with any software I believe.

http://www.clearfax.com

Greg L

I’ve gotten it to work with Visual Foxpro, which also used an embedded Word document. I use one of two methods —

1. Create events at the speed that WinFax can send them. Hence, about one every thirty seconds (two modems). This may not be needed, but in previous versions, things got messy if too many events piled up in the outbox. Running this way, it ran probably ten or twelve hours.

2. I’ll pile a few hundred (I don’t think I ever hit over 300 events), with the send times spread to account for faxing times.

HTH,

Greg L

kebaldwin

It appears to be a problem with the photo quality print driver. When I use the regular high resolution driver — it does not fail. (I select the photo quality print driver as the default — but twice it has switched back to the regular print driver and then runs without a problem) But when I switch to the photo quality driver it crashes about every 40 faxes, you have to reboot, rebuild the winfax status log, delete *.tmp files, etc. With 400 faxes per day that is not good for what is suppose to be an automated process.

The photo quality driver is the main reason I am using WinFax. We have a logo that looks great with the photo quality and looks terrible with just the high resolution.

Anonymous

Have you tried http://www.clearfax.com
    You can install another photo quality printer driver and then select that driver instead.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.