Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bernie

I need help; there are two faxes in my send log that do not have a date, only time 12:00AM, also when you right click on them and choose properties, the Message files” tab in the description says that the file is missing, if I delete them, they go to the Wastebasket, but then the Send Log won’t show any faxes, as if there were faxes missing from the top of the log, because if you go Ctrl-End it will show the earliest faxes, but if you go Ctrl-Home it shows empty, however you can get to the top of the list, by going PagUp from the bottom of the list.
    I have to brring them back from the Wastebasket to the Send Log for the send log to show everything again. I have used the maintenance utility to rebuild the logs/phonebook, I even copied a file into the data directory with the name of the missing file, but when I deleted it, it produced the same results. The latest was, I created another directory and moved all the faxes from the Send Log there, except those strange ones, and then tried clearing the send log, when I sent a fax it did not show in the log, rebuilt the logs again and now it showed but also the ghost undated faxes. Any suggestions???

Administrator
    Keymaster

Yes, these entries in you log are corrupt and are causing a problem. We’ve found that rebuilding does not resolve this issue, as any “new” faxes do not appear in the log when these corrupt entries are present.

Our process with Premium Support usually (depending on the setup) is create a new message store, move all the items to the new message store (except the bad ones) , exit WinFax, and then delete the default log files in winfax, allow winfax to create a new set of default logs, and then move the data back to the default logs (depending on the amount of faxes, since you shouldn’t have many faxes in your default message stores to begin with)

Also very important : Always have a back up of your directory structure(winFax directory) before you attempt any of this.

bernie

Thanks Moderator
    I have created another Folder to which I moved all of the good faxes in the send log
    Can you tell me exactly which files I need to delete. ??

bernie

Can anyone please tell me which of the files I need to delete to let the program make another Send Log.
    I assume it is one of the Status files, but there are several listed status1,2 and 3 and also with different file extensions WFX, WFG, WFF etc. I am not exactly which is which.
    Please help
    Bernie

Administrator
    Keymaster

the default log structure for WinFax is contained in all the STATUS files in the DATA directory. You need to first close/shut down WinFax, the Controller and the WinFax Service (if it is active) and then move all these files to another temporary or backup directory. There are approximately 15 files (each file starts with the name status and has a different extension (eg: status.wfb, status1.wfx )

prior to doing any of this, make sure you moved your log entries to a new message store, not just a folder. If the folder is located under the default send or receive logs, you will lose all these faxes.

Once you restart WinFax, your send and receive logs should now be blank.

You should also have a backup of the entire WinFax directory structure prior to attempting this. A Premium Support technican can also do this entire procedure for you, should you be interested in this service.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.