Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CENELCO

We use winfax pro to recieve all our faxes on a dedicated compute….once every day or so an incoming fax registers as a lightening bolt on the left side of the screen and locks up our machine so I have to reboot to recieve additional faxes—how can I prevent this?

Administrator
    Keymaster

many possible reasons for this problem, here are 3 items you can check:

1. update modem driver for your operating system. Install the latest for the modem. You can get the driver from the manufacturer of the modem

2. rebuild the send/receive logs using the rebuild.bat tool found in the WinFax folder
    (see troubleshooting steps for WinFax in the top links of the forum)

3. ensure power saving features such as screen saver, hard drive power down, etc. are turned off in Windows and in your computers bios.

CENELCO

Thanks, I’ll try your suggestions, but I believe the problem is with an incoming fax machine that is not somehow compatable with this program and we don’ recieve a signal to “turn off”–perhaps it is a call from a telephone that is dialing a wrong number.?

Administrator
    Keymaster

@CENELCO wrote:

Thanks, I’ll try your suggestions, but I believe the problem is with an incoming fax machine that is not somehow compatable with this program and we don’ recieve a signal to “turn off”–perhaps it is a call from a telephone that is dialing a wrong number.?

yes its possible its a voice call that is hanging WinFax, usually this is a fax modem related issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.