Fax Software

Community Forums

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 16 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

cingidog

I can still not send faxes with Word Xp despite installing your macro. It acts like it prints (shows printing to winfax) but nothing gets placed in the outbox to be sent. What’s wrong?

Anonymous

Does the WinFax send dialog box appear so you can enter the fax number and recipient name?

What version of WinFax are you using, and what version of Windows (95,98,Me,2000,XP?)

cingidog

sorry, need to be more specific. I am performing a mail merge in word XP using your macro on a network with windows xp professional on machine and Windows 2000 professional on the fax server. The winfax printer on the fax server is shared. The machine performing the mail merge is set up as a client to the fax server host. I created a winfax style for the fax number in word xp. I am using 10.02 Winfax on all machines. The dialog for the Winfax mail merge does appear and I filled in first name, last name and fax number with the relevant fields.

Anonymous

Ok here is what will and will not work…

1. The server that is sending the faxes (the Host machine) cannot “share” the printer driver. That is, you’ll need winfax installed on all machines (which connect to the host) ..you cannot simply share the printer driver from the Host machine and expect to send faxes from a client machine.

2. for any “automation” or “macro” to work, you cannot use the combination of “WinFax PRO 10.02” and “Windows XP”. These two combinations will cause ALL automation (macros, mail merges, ACT! integration, DDE integration) to FAIL…

In your specific case, here is how you can get this working…

Client Machine:

WinFax PRO 10.02 and Windows 2000, WinFax PRO 10.02 installed on this machine. WinFax is configured to connect to a HOST machine. A fax modem is not required on this machine, since all sending is done via the Host machine.
    The mail merge is done on THIS machine (Word XP, or Word 2000)

Host Machine:

WinFax PRO 10.02 and Windows XP, WinFax PRO 10.02 is installed on this machine as a HOST. The fax modem is configured on this machine to send faxes. Word is not required on this machine.

So I think you just have to reverse your computers, because Windows XP and WinFax PRO 10.02 will not work for any merge. This is a problem with WinFax, not the GetFaxing.com macro.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Anonymous

also, you can just simply perform the mail-merge on the Windows 2000 machine that is already configured as a Host. This should also work…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.