Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pilot

When installing Winfax Pro, the installation went fine. When I click Controller or Message Manager, I get this error message: “Error creating process . Reason: the system cannot find the file specified.”
    In help, I found the the message manager needs the file: FAXMNGR32.EXE, and could not find i in the Winfax Folder. The files I found were FAXMNG and FAXMNG32. Which is the correct file it needs, where can I get it and how do I install it?

Thanks for your help.

Administrator
    Keymaster

What version of Windows are you using? Is it a fresh install of Windows with minimal software installed?

You won’t find a file called faxmngr32.exe, since its called faxmng32.exe. It should be found in the WinFax installation folder, usually c:program fileswinfax or symantecwinfax (for 10.0 versions)

Do you have any problems starting other applications on this system? This error is not common , and is likely due to some system problem (unrelated to the winfax install) with missing Visual C++ Runtimes.

Here’s a link that may help–
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloa….lang=en

Edited By Moderator on 1237955446

Pilot

I have Winfax Pro 10.02. The file is in the folder, but when I try to open it, very rapidly, an installation box with a progress gauge comes up, but it is superseded immediately by the error message.

I downloaded the file you so kindly linked me to, but it didn’t change anything. Do I have to reinstall the software?

Administrator
    Keymaster

You need to reboot after installing the Microsoft software runtime.
    In the Program FilesWinFax folder you should see a file “WTNSETUP.EXE”, try running that and going through the setup process again.

Pilot

The file faxmng32.exe was corrupted. I replaced it with a good one and now it works.

Thank you

JohnD
    Participant

you might have a bad install image.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.