Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    crox

We currently have WinFax Pro 10.0 installed on an independent server. Several months ago Windows automatically updated the operating system, Windows 2000, and since then, the following component doesn’t function.

In Message Manager, you are permitted to Move a file from the Receive Log to a folder in a File Cabinet. Until the Windows patch, this has been a simple task. Since the patch, when I’ve tried to move a file to a folder, I receive the following message: “ There is not enough disk space available on Drive C to copy all files associated with that messageâ€

Administrator
    Keymaster

what patch caused the problem?
    was this a service pack update for Windows 2000?
    or was the operating system upgraded (Windows 98 to Windows 2000 ) ?

crox

No, nothing major in the way of updates. It was several months ago, in June I think, and we didn’t log the update. My boss says it was just one of those routine “windows has updated…” messages. Also, I guess, it could just be coincidence.

Administrator
    Keymaster

you can try this so you can move events from the default send/receive logs to another message store (file cabinet)

(first make sure you have a backup of all your winfax data)

close wfxctl32.exe (winfax controller) and WinFax Fax Manager (faxmng32.exe)

locate “faxmng32.exe” in the WinFax installation directory (usually c:program filessymantecwinfax for winfax pro 10.0 and c:program fileswinfax for 10.02/10/03)

right-click “faxmng32.exe” and click the “Compatibility” tab. Change the compatibility mode to “Windows 98/Windows Me”

start WinFax Controller, then WinFax Fax Manager and move the required log entries to the message store(file cabinet).

when you are done, exit WinFax Fax Manager, uncheck the compatibility mode for “FaxMng32.exe”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.