Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cremmins

I am running WinFax 10.03 on XP with SP2. When I try to open the Message Manager (I do not have it start automatically when I boot), the whole computer completely freezes. The mouse freezes and I cannot Ctrl+Alt+Delete out of it or access the Windows task manager. At first I thought it was a problem with Firefox and/or Outlook 2007 being open when I tried to open the Message Manager, but it freezes even when those programs are not open. I tried running WinFaxTools but it did not solve the problem.

Any advice?

Administrator
    Keymaster

You can try the following:

1. For backup purposes, make a copy of the WinFax installation folder and copy it to a temporary folder. (In WinFax tools, click on WinFax Info to determine the WinFax installation folder, usually this is Program FilesWinFax or Program FilesSymantecWinFax)

2. In WinFax Tools, click on End all WinFax Tasks.
    Choose “NO” when prompted to end Wfxswtch.exe and wfxsnt40.exe

3. Click on “Set Default Fax View”, Click YES to the prompt. (If changes were made, it will display this message, otherwise, it will display No changes Made)

4. Click on “Logs and Phonebooks”, Click on “Rebuild Logs and Phonebooks”
    Click “Yes” when prompted if you want to rebuild logs and phonebooks.
    Locate the “status.wfb” file, and click Open/OK.
    WinFax will now rebuild the default send and receive logs.

5. Once finished rebuilding the logs, click on “Start Controller” button to Start WinFax. If the Controller does not start, you may need to reboot the computer to restart the Controller/WinFax.

cremmins

When I open WinFax Pro Tools, all of the option buttons are greyed-out (i.e. I can’t select them) except GetFaxing Services, Fix Entry Problem and WinFax Info.

Administrator
    Keymaster

you need to download WinFaxTools from the Premium Downloads area

Password details here:
    http://www.getfaxing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1221

Download link here:
    Premium Download Area

cremmins

Thanks! It is working now. The program has been a little unstable as of late, but hopefully it will work consistently now.

One more thing: Should the WFXSNT40.exe and WFXSWTCH.exe processes be running at all times? Should I have them start automatically with Windows?

Administrator
    Keymaster

Yes, for Windows XP/2000/NT “wfxsnt40.exe” should be in your Windows startup. Otherwise, you will have problems printing to the WinFax Pro printer driver.

For WinFax PRO 10.02 and 10.03 under Windows XP, you also need “wfxswtch.exe” active.

In your setup using Windows XP Sp2/WinFax PRO 10.03 , both processes need to be active at all times, even when WinFax is not running.

Both these programs are added to the Windows startup during the installation of WinFax so you shouldn’t have to add them in there unless you accidently removed them.

Edited By Moderator on 1227121886

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.