Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Harold

First I’ll give you the run down of how this system is set up, and then you might be able to help me out.

1. Embarq modem 5mb/s download, and 768kbs upload. (this is dedicated to VOIP lines only)
    2. 10/100mb switch, 5 port hub.
    3. 4 VOIP Motorola devices. (each one of these devices has 2 phone lines)

These VOIP devices are all tied into this one unit 10/100 hub… We use VOIP for out going calls to save on long distance charges, we have 2 devices, 4 VOIP phone lines that go to a Nortel BCM150 switch, One of the Motorola devices is used for the fax modems, one fax modem is a SoftV90 Voice Speakerphone Modem, CXT manufacturer. The other is a Lucent Win Modem, Lucent manufacturer. Win FaxPro 10.04 is the program.

Here is the problem I’m having: up until yesterday every thing was working fine, now these are the messages I’m getting from the WinFax program: line busy on last attempt, No acknowledgement received on last attempt, Unable to connect, No dial tone, No answer, Fax/Modem error, Remote device issued disconnect signal, and line busy.

I know that some of these are self-explanatory but out of 27 faxes, only 1 completed.

I have attached a phone to the fax device and I can call out on both lines and talk to people like nobodies business, but it seems like as soon as I try to start faxing. I just don’t know like I said 1 out of 27 faxes.

I have two ladies in the office driving me up the wall about manually faxing,(they can’t stand it) so PLEASE help me.

Any questions please let me know
    Respectfully,
    Harold

Administrator
    Keymaster

Faxing over a VoIP connection can be very tricky and unless your VoIP provider supports Faxing and Data transmission on the VoIP conection you will get unreliable results (many claim they don’t support faxing, but they never say it can’t be done). The chances of a failure in a fax transmission over a VoIP connection increases when you send more than one page.
    You may want to contact your VoIP provider and ask if faxing is supported and if any special requirements are needed to be set for faxing. Some providers may charge an additional fee for this support since they must use a different codec for faxing.

Some of the No Dial tone, Busy etc. errors can be corrected by turning off Detect Dial tone options in WinFax. You may also have to limit the sending (transmission) speed to 9600 or lower. ECM for sending and receiving may also need to be turned off.

Also, fax modems are analog devices, so like a regular telephone, you may need to attach a DSL filter on the fax modem (this is assuming you are using DSL and are not using “Dry Loop” DSL.). If you are not using DSL this would not apply to you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.