Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I run a small one man band business and use an answerphone and winfax machine. To enable normal telephone calls to be received I have set my fax to be effective after 5 rings.

At the present time the fax is cutting in on occasions after 1 ring. How do I prevent this happening. Is there anthing else I can do to make my answephone and fax more effective.

JohnD
    Participant

did you double check the settings in Winfax to confirm the # of rings to receive the fax is set to 5 or higher?

Anonymous

I have a brand new Dell computer. I put my old us Robotics – 3com winmodem in it. That’s when the trouble started.
    I want to update the fax modem. Which model and brand would be the best. I don’t have any serial ports.
    Thanks.

Anonymous

@Jeff wrote:

I have a brand new Dell computer. I put my old us Robotics – 3com winmodem in it. That’s when the trouble started.
    I want to update the fax modem. Which model and brand would be the best. I don’t have any serial ports.
    Thanks.

Replace the WinModem and obtain a hardware based chipset PCI Modem. There are also external USB Modems, but I would not recommend them with WinFax PRO.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.