Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dbruceg1

I had recently installed WinFax 10.02 thinking is was the solution to my XP faxing problems. Not even close !! Now that I have uninstalled it, I cannot get MS Fax to work again. The console always come up saying that the fax printer is inaccessible. None of the folders will show incoming, outgoing, received or sent faxes although they are buried in the system. I have no notification of received or sent faxes.
    In the background, it is working although it is impossible to tell! I can send and receive but I cannot get to see those faxes except through a very roundabout search of my “ALL USERS FILES” and drill down to the inbox or sent archives. Rather cumbersome …
    I have uninstalled the fax services and removed the fax printers and then reinstalled MS Fax again but to no avail.
    thoughts would be appreciated …

Jack Bryan

I,ve got the same problem. However I just loaded Windows XP update and now my fax program has the same problems you described.

If you figure out the problem please advise.

Thank you,

jack

dbruceg1

Jack,
    I was recently provided with the solution through the Microsoft Online Solution Support to the MS Fax problem I posted . I appears there was a problem with the registry key
    (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftRpcClientProtocols).
    The appropriate registry fix was merged into the registry and corrected the problem. I can forward the registry fix if you want to try it, but you should be sure you can return your registry to its original state if it doesn’t work.

I am not sure I understand what you mean when you talk of the “Windows XP update”? Do you mean the Windows XP Updates from Microsoft or a specific update for another XP compatible program?

The WinFax problem I originally had, has also been fixed. (or at least it APPEARS to be working) The WORD Macros were replaced (the Word macro fix is on the Symantec site support site) in conjunction with a bit of other tweeking.
    … I am grateful for the help I have received to resolve these issues 🙂

Jack Bryan

yes please send me the regristry fix.
    Thank you,

Jack

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.