Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’m sure this has been covered before but I can’t find anything searhing forum. Also I’ve fixed the problem before but what I remember isn’t doing the job now.

Every time I open the Controller my name is added to the address book. This continues unitl I noitice there are half a dozen or so entries of my user name and I delete them.

I thought I made the fix by REBUILDING the phone books under TOOLS, MAINTENANCE UTILITY, LAUNCH APP. OR APPLET, Rebuild phone books. However, after rebuilding both .wft files it is still happening.

Can someone tell me what the fix is for this?

Thanks,
    BH

JohnD
    Participant

This is Symantec’s solution:

User information is duplicated in the phonebook after sending a fax or when starting the Controller

I suggest trying Rebuild.bat and Optimize.bat in the WinFax directory.

Renaming the DATA directory is overkill, as this just requires a lot of work in importing your existing data back.

Anonymous

:;): JohnD,

Thanks for the help. I had searched the Symantec site but was unable to find that set of directions. I now have it bookmarked and made the repair.

I had to rename and reimport the data directory to solve the problem. Now I remember that is how I fixed it a year or so ago as well. It actually only took a couple minutes.

Thanks for your help.
    BH

JohnD
    Participant

Yes, Symantec changed the knowledge base search for WinFax back to the old knowledge base they had setup for WinFax PRO 9.0. I am not sure why, but it makes it harder to find documents.

As for the phonebook/user name entry problem. I had this happen to me once where the optimize.bat or rebuild.bat steps did not solve the problem, rather than renaming the DATA directory and reimporting all the data, I just created a new phonebook in WinFax and copied all the contacts (dragging and dropping them) from one phonebook (the default one that is giving me the problem) to a new phonebook. I then exited out of WinFax, manually deleted the default phonebook files in the WinFax/Data directory and then restarted WinFax. It then created a new default set of phonebook files, and I then copied all my phonebook entries(drag and drop) back into the blank, freshly created default phonebook.

I always recommend making a backup of the entire DATA directory incase you delete the wrong file.

Edited By JohnD on 1168704843

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.