Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rtchong

I have a history of trying to connect to the winfax pro host. After having reinstalled and upgraded to 10.4 I configured the controller to start when required. I discovered by chance that that is not the way to go. The controller has to be started before the message manager will work. Now I had it configured to start when windows xp starts.a

To my vexation, after having succesfully used the client, the controller stopped to load or stay loaded. I could not understand why, after by impulse restarting the host, the client’s controller would load and faxing from the client worked again.

The host is “on” all the time. The clients shutdown daily. Basically the host is not providing for the client to connect or stay connected. Has this been experienced before? What is the solution.

Thanks.

Ronald

Anonymous

The Controller should load automatically once you start the Message Manager. So, it shouldn’t matter which one you start first.

Yes, if the connection between host-client fails, you may have to even restart the Host before the client will connect again. I find this is a rare occurance.

But before having to restart the Host, I would first check for any running winfax processes on the client machine where the controller fails to load, and terminate them first before restarting the Client. Look for processes such as “wfxctl32” or “wfxmod”
    “faxmng32”.

rtchong

@Moderator wrote:

The Controller should load automatically once you start the Message Manager. So, it shouldn’t matter which one you start first.

Yes, if the connection between host-client fails, you may have to even restart the Host before the client will connect again. I find this is a rare occurance.

But before having to restart the Host, I would first check for any running winfax processes on the client machine where the controller fails to load, and terminate them first before restarting the Client. Look for processes such as “wfxctl32” or “wfxmod”
    “faxmng32”.

I only got a few days using winfax pro on the client, when the controller on the client just started to disappear. I rebooted the host various times to no avail.

Now when I boot the client, I see the controller loading and the icon appears in the tray but I cannot click it as it disappears as soon as the pointer reaches it. Where before I used to get a message that the client could not connect to the host, now there is no error message at all.

In the task manager I see wfxsnt40.exe, wfxsvc.exe and wfxswtch.exe running.

Could a virus or something similar be the problem? Just this week norton antivirus reports w32.spybot.worm in a game, zuma deluxe, I have been using for many year without a problem. I am quite sure that norton is or could be wrong as reinstalling from a freshly downloaded copy is being prevented by norton because of this virus

What can I do?

Anonymous

@rtchong wrote:

@Moderator wrote:

“faxmng32”.

I only got a few days using winfax pro on the client, when the controller on the client just started to disappear. I rebooted the host various times to no avail.

Now when I boot the client, I see the controller loading and the icon appears in the tray but I cannot click it as it disappears as soon as the pointer reaches it. Where before I used to get a message that the client could not connect to the host, now there is no error message at all.

In the task manager I see wfxsnt40.exe, wfxsvc.exe and wfxswtch.exe running.

Could a virus or something similar be the problem? Just this week norton antivirus reports w32.spybot.worm in a game, zuma deluxe, I have been using for many year without a problem. I am quite sure that norton is or could be wrong as reinstalling from a freshly downloaded copy is being prevented by norton because of this virus

What can I do?

I suggest scanning your PC for viruses first, once you’ve done that and ensure you do not have any viruses you should then perform the troubleshooting steps for WinFax. The first is rebuilding the logs and phonebooks. See the link at the top of this site for steps to perform this.
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….9291704

Edited By Moderator on 1143953757

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.