Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I am setting up winfax at my work. I have used it before at other places with great success. I am in windows xp sp2, using a Compaq data fax modem. The line is a dual line (it has two different numbers connected to it). and i can’t seem to fax out. it keeps saying “no answer”.

I tried faxing threw windows xp and got the same response “no answer”.

if someone could please assist me it would be much appreciated

Administrator
    Keymaster

No Answer is reported by the modem, not WinFax (or any other fax software you might use to dial out and send a fax)

check your dialing settings, ensure you are dialing the proper long distance and area codes to make an outgoing connection. If you are in an office where you might need to dial a 9, or another number to make an outgoing call, make sure this is setup in your prefix dialing setup

if dialing is correct, then you may be experiencing a problem with the modem itself. Usually this can be related to the fax modem drivers installed (incorrect, or not updated for the proper operating system if a operating system upgrade was performed)

@Moderator wrote:

No Answer is reported by the modem, not WinFax (or any other fax software you might use to dial out and send a fax)

check your dialing settings, ensure you are dialing the proper long distance and area codes to make an outgoing connection. If you are in an office where you might need to dial a 9, or another number to make an outgoing call, make sure this is setup in your prefix dialing setup

if dialing is correct, then you may be experiencing a problem with the modem itself. Usually this can be related to the fax modem drivers installed (incorrect, or not updated for the proper operating system if a operating system upgrade was performed)

The dialing settings are correct. we do not have to tile 9 to get an outside line. This was an OLD modem we found in another computer. I will try replacing it.

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.