Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    frogman

The version is 10.3. The OS is Windows XP SP2 pro. The winfax held abut 9000 files in the data folder of faxes. Then it got an error of call folder or something. After someone restored a backup but in the backup there was no message store only phonebook, and the settings. After that I found those 9000 *.fdr files or similar that are in fact faxes (I can open them in the fax viewer) but when I copy those files in the data folder the winfax cannot see them. The inbox and sent store are empty. What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

JohnD
    Participant

I’m going to guess that that log structure was corrupted, and a restore probably restored a failed backup.

Do you have an actual back up of the data directory? Not a WinFax “backup”, but a image copy of the data directory prior to peforming the “restore” within WinFax?

frogman

I have that kind of backup, there are a lot of pdx files or so but I am not sure if everything is there? What can I do?

Administrator
    Keymaster

exit winfax, controller, and close down all WinFax related processes.

rename the winfax folder, to winfaxback01

restore the previous copy of the winfax folder (and all sub-folders with data, etc.)

reboot computer and restart WinFax.

although with 9000 files, you are at the limit and you will continue to have problems unless you reduce the number of files in that folder.

Edited By Moderator on 1204581311

frogman

That I already did but did not help me! How can I brng back when she wants to send some file, but cannot see the my documents or else?

Administrator
    Keymaster

The restore probably wrote over the valid data, unless you have a valid backup along with a the appropriate status*.* log structure, you may not be able to recover the logs. I would suggest using our services, we can try to recover your data .http://www.getfaxing.com/services.htm

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.