Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bumper

I just reinstalled WinFax Pro 10.03 after reinstalling my operating system. I recovered the Data Folder from the previous installation of WinFax Pro 10.03 and copied the files in the folder to the Data Folder in the new installation, but the faces do not appear in the sent list.

Can I get them to appear, and if so, how?

Thanks.?

JohnD
    Participant

close winfax and the controller first, then rename the existing data folder to dataoriginal, then copy the backup “data” folder to the winfax folder. Now start WinFax and you should have your existing send and receive log appear.

Bumper

Thanks.

I assume you want me to rename the folder in the new installation. When I do, where will I find the backup folder?

Administrator
    Keymaster

i’m not sure where you backed up your data, you would have another folder called Data which contains all the WinFax data from a previous installation of WinFax

Bumper

You are correct. I do have a copy of the Data folder from a previous install. Is that the one you are suggesting that I replace the Data folder in the new installation with?

Administrator
    Keymaster

Yes. Close WinFax and Controller, rename the existing DATA folder to another foldername, then copy over the entire DATA folder that contains the data you want to appear in WinFax .

Bumper

Once again you were right on. Thank you for all your help.

JohnD
    Participant

Good news

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.