Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pmarsh

I know you can hold the entire queue but is it possible to hold selected faxes or make a folder where they can be held? My customer runs multiple companies from one WinFax system. He’ll be doing a large amount of work with WinFax for one company (sending) but does not want the traffic to interfere with the regular flow of faxes for the other businesses. I was thinking it might be possible to set up a folder to hold the faxes for business A and send them out after hours. Another solution might be to configure WinFax for a second line??? Is it possible to config WinFax to use a second line and do I want to do it knowing it’s just going to cause problems for WinFax??? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Anonymous

@pmarsh wrote:

I know you can hold the entire queue but is it possible to hold selected faxes or make a folder where they can be held? My customer runs multiple companies from one WinFax system. He’ll be doing a large amount of work with WinFax for one company (sending) but does not want the traffic to interfere with the regular flow of faxes for the other businesses. I was thinking it might be possible to set up a folder to hold the faxes for business A and send them out after hours. Another solution might be to configure WinFax for a second line??? Is it possible to config WinFax to use a second line and do I want to do it knowing it’s just going to cause problems for WinFax??? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I believe you can hold the CONTROL key and select multiple faxes in the outbox, then right click HOLD.

And yes you can configure WinFax to use a 2nd phone line, so all the faxes you send can use the 2nd phone line only.

pmarsh

I think the holding the queue and manually releasing idea is going to be an issue, why well because they’re users..

Do you have any details, how-tos, infomation regarding adding a second line? I can just see how much fun this is going to be, WinFax has issues just running one modem never mind a second. :O

Anonymous

@pmarsh wrote:

I think the holding the queue and manually releasing idea is going to be an issue, why well because they’re users..

Do you have any details, how-tos, infomation regarding adding a second line? I can just see how much fun this is going to be, WinFax has issues just running one modem never mind a second. :O

If you can install a 2nd modem in the computer, it shouldn’t be a problem. The only suggestion is to obtain a different modem. If you currently have an internal modem installed, try getting the 2nd modem to be an external serial modem.

Getting the same modem installed isn’t a good idea for WinFax PRO, you want different models.

Once the modem is installed, you simply go into WinFax PRO modems and communications devices in setup, and configure the 2nd modem.

When you send faxes, you now have the choice to use any available modem, the first modem, or the 2nd modem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.