Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    trentmac

Under notification and forwarding I have selected 3 email addresses to forward faxes to. Not all the time but quite often two duplicate messages are sent to these email addresses. How can I get only one fowarded message and not the duplicate?
    I use winfax 10.2 integrated with outlook express 6 with windows xp pro sp2

Administrator
    Keymaster

if 2 entries appear in your receive log, then you will receive two notifications. Check your receive log to see if this is the case.

trentmac

I have one entry in my receive log. I have one entry in the send log for each of the emails I need to send. The receive log in outlook has one entry for each email address. Each email address receives two messages.

Administrator
    Keymaster

outlook handles the sending of the e-mail, so if only one e-mail appears in the send log of outlook express 6, then only one e-mail was transmitted. The problem may be on the receiving end of your e-mail server, when you download the e-mails. Receiving a duplicate of an email doesn’t indicate two emails were actually sent, something during the download of your e-mail caused the email to be duplicated. That may be difficult to determine, but its not a WinFax or Outlook problem if only one copy of the email appears as sent in the Outlook Express 6 sent items log.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.