Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I use Outlook 2007. When I install Winfax 10.02 it puts a winfax folder in outlook and when I click on this folder it locks up outlook and then outlook attempts to restart in safe mode – but it does not restart. The only way I can get Outlook opeative again is to uninstall winfax.
    Can anyone solve this?

Administrator
    Keymaster

You do not need to uninstall WinFax to correct this problem. When you install WinFax, it detects your Outlook 2007 and automatically adds the “folder” you mention. The problem is Microsoft made some changes in the new version of Outlook so Outlook 2007 isn’t compatible with the way WinFax is trying to link to it. The solution is to remove/disable this link, so you can continue using both WinFax and Outlook 2007 on your system.

Reboot computer. Do not start Outlook.
    Click on Control Panel, Mail.
    Click on Data
    Go to Data Files area
    Locate and select the “WinFax” folder.
    Click Delete.
    (Do not delete / remove any other folders or you will lose your Outlook data)

Now you can start Outlook, the WinFax folder should no longer appear.

Anonymous
    Inactive

After a week of trying to do this and several “goofy” solutions this worked! Thanks VERY much.
    If you know winfax at all…The program will connect to another fax both on send and receive – produce and receive a fax tone but will not send or receive the actual fax. Any idea on this one??
    Thanks again, Mike

JohnD
    Participant

If you know winfax at all…The program will connect to another fax both on send and receive – produce and receive a fax tone but will not send or receive the actual fax. Any idea on this one??

I’d suggest posting a new message with information about your fax modem and specifics on the error message you receive in WinFax

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘outlook lock up – winfax locks up outlook’ is closed to new replies.