Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mikegarey

Have Winfax Pro 10.03. Using Tools/Program Setup have activated Forwarding and Notification. The Forwarding works fine but have problems with Notification. I have set up the Pager and SMS Text area to SMS to my cell phone. By checking other places it appears that my Sprint service is never going to be compatible.

As I am about to switch cell carriers, am trying to determine which carrier is compatible with Winfax. Most likely will move to Alltel — they can get pages from my office and the Alltel rep thinks it will work with Winfax but no guarantees.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Mike Garey

PS Am new to this forum and did a search on SMS before posting. If this is a repeat, my apologies and could you point me to the original post.

Anonymous

Unfortunately there is no published list from Symantec that lists compatible, or tested carriers.

If your cell phone supports e-mail, you can effectively do the same by using email forwarding, and forward a notification via email to your cell phone.

The following is the only document related to SMS that I could find from Symantec:

How to set up SMS Text Messaging

Situation:
    You have a cellular phone that supports SMS Text Messaging and would like to know how to configure WinFax PRO/TalkWorks PRO to notify you using SMS Text Messaging.

Solution:
    SMS Text Messaging is not supported outside North America at this time. If your cellular phone supports e-mail, you can use the Forwarding and Notification features to send an e-mail notification instead of a SMS text message.

Update WinFax PRO/TalkWorks PRO
    SMS text Messaging is only supported with WinFax PRO 9.02 or greater and TalkWorks PRO 2.02 or greater. If you are running WinFax PRO 9 or TalkWorks PRO 2, you will need to obtain the WinFax PRO 9.02 and TalkWorks PRO 2.02 update. You can download and install the update by running LiveUpdate from the Help menu in Message Manager. You can also find this patch in the Symantec File Downloads area for WinFax PRO 9.0 or TalkWorks PRO 2.0.

Create an SMS Text Messaging profile

In the WinFax PRO or TalkWorks PRO Program Setup, double-click Pager and SMS Text Messaging. The Pager or SMS Properties dialog appears
    Click Add.
    Enter a name for the SMS Text Messaging profile.
    Select SMS Text Messaging, then click Next.
    Select the service provider, then skip to step 9. If your service provider is not in the list, select My paging or cell phone service is not in the list above, then click Next.
    Select the appropriate terminal type, then click Next.
    Enter the country code, area code, local number and Pager / SMS ID of your service provider, then click Next.
    Click Next.
    Click Finish

Create a notification rule
    In the WinFax PRO or TalkWorks PRO Program Setup, double-click Forwarding and Notification.
    Click New.
    Enter a description (for example, My Notification.)
    Under Message Type, select the type of messages that will notify you using your pager.
    Under Take This Action, select Send Notification.
    In the By field, select the pager that was set up in the previous procedure.
    Click OK.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.