Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    recovery

I have 10.03 loaded up on 9 work stations as clients. Some user want to re preview new faxes. When I go to file and close all and then restart the message manager it locks up the PC have to power down nothing else will work PC is totally frozen. This happens on all the client work stations. I have noticed that if you wait a few minutes and then restart the message manager it doesn’t lock up. Any suggestions on what may be causing this? And how to prevent it? Unless there is a way to re-preview new faxes left unread on the host without restarting message manager on the clients?

JohnD
    Participant

I believe this is a bug in WinFax PRO 10.03

shutting down using “Exit All” causes the file WFXSNT40.EXE to be shut down as well. (At least this is what I see happening in Windows XP SP2)

Maybe someone else can confirm this, because I have never had this occur with 10.02, 10.0 or even WinFax PRO 9.0/TalkWorks PRO 3.0.

This WinFax Port Starter (WfxSnt40.exe) file is required to be active before you start WinFax PRO 10.03.

Check your task manager, if you don’t see WFXSNT40.EXE active, then don’t start WinFax until it is running.

You can manually start it first by double-clicking WFXSNT40.EXE in your WINNT/SYSTEM32 or WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 directory, then start the Controller.

Edited By Moderator on 1181496083

Administrator
    Keymaster

Yes, “Exit All” in WinFax PRO 10.03 does shut down everything, including WFXSNT40.EXE (WinFax PRO Port Starter)

We’ve created a patch for the FAXMNG32.EXE file to correct this problem. This patch is available to premium support customers, we call it WinFax PRO 10.03a

WinFax PRO 10.03a Update

Edited By Moderator on 1181599111

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.