Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SH31864

I have a physician’s office that receives their faxes via WinFax Pro and uses Vonage for his phone service. He states that starting three months ago he stopped receiving results from our hospital. Most of our results are sent from our databases using attached modems. He stated to me that if we print off the result and fax it to him by regular fax he gets the fax but he does not receive them if they are sent from our database. Does anyone have a clue of where I need to start to trouble shoot this issue. I have already had the phone lines attached to the database modems checked and the lines are clear and free of errors. I am at a loss as to where to go next. This physician is old, cranky and not very cooperative (He first told us he was using Skype and now he swears he is using Vonage. I am not getting the same complaint from any other office.

Administrator
    Keymaster

If he is using VoIP to send/receive faxes, then he will have intermittent results of receiving or sending faxes with WinFax. I suggest ensuring that his Vonage account is adjusted properly for faxing service (Vonage can adjust bandwidth for fax). Its possible something was changed (hardware, account settings etc) 6 months ago to cause this problem. The other issue could be compatibility between the two fax modem devices, which could be difficult to troubleshoot. You would need to determine what type of fax modem they are using. If your hardware has been checked, don’t get complaints from other physicans, and you are using regular phone lines (not VoIP) then it is unlikely the problem is on your side.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.