Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    paulcarter
    Participant

I bought the modem with conexant chip that you recommend works best with winfaxpro. its a zoom external modem. it has been working great but theres a problem when i am faxing out i ssee fax/modem alert pops up. it says: cant send data to the modem please try powering.
    if i uninstall winfaxpro and reinstall it this problem goes away for awhile but comes back. tried rebuilding phonebook and logs, resetting modem and everything tried ecept uninstall and reinstall has not helped stop it.
    PLEASE SEND ME EMAIL WHEN YOU REPLY

Administrator
    Keymaster

Zoom External which model? is it a serial or USB modem? What com port / IRQ setting is it connected to? Are you using TAPI settings or COM port settings in WinFax PRO?

paulcarter
    Participant

TAPI settings. zoom 3049c model with serial number containing c and not L which means it has a conexant chip not a lucent chip inside. it is a eternal serial modum with a conexant chip that you sent me the link for before that you recommend is best modem to work with winfaxpro that is not cheap to buy. most of problems went away but this comes especially when sending dark letterhead that uses more toner or ink on the the receive fax side. please send to my email when you reply. it not happen before and why reply is so late.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Some aggressive e-mail spam filters will block e-mail replies from this message board. Usually, it is hotmail.com,gmail.com,yahoo,comcast,verizon and a few others that do this. Sometimes it is blocked at the ISP/email provider level and unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this. You can adjust your email account to allow email from getfaxing.com domain or use a different e-mail address in your account profile for e-mail replies from this message board.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Disable power saving features on your PC. Screen savers and power saving mode.
    Make sure you are not using any serial adapters/converters on your serial cable. (example 9pin to 25 pin adapter)
    Try disabling ECM if this enabled.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.