Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    smartuph

When faxing a document from word (2003) if we use the winfax button everything works OK except that the A4 page we send to winfax gets changed to a different size (to a square) and the text gets elongated. If we use the print button and select winfax (photo quality) it is OK.
    Has anyone heard of this before????
    We have tried diffent page setups and page sizes but nothing seems to work.

Anonymous

Its possible that the different printer drivers are causing this problem. WinFax PRO 10 has two different drivers, the Photo Quality and the regular WinFax PRO driver.

by default, when you click the WinFax icon (when using the supplied stock macros) the fax is transmitted using the regular quality WinFax PRO printer driver. You can’t change this because it is programmed this way to always print to the WinFax PRO (regular quality) driver.

The GetFaxing.com macro, http://www.getfaxing.com/downloads/wfxmacro.exe allows you to select regular or photo quality as the default. For more details on this macro see http://www.getfaxing.com

smartuph

Thanks but I’m not sure I explained my self as well as I should have. I have the same software running on another pc and it works fine. On this one i have to click File-print-winfax photo quality and its fine.

If i try to attach a doc via winfax then the same thing happens.

Anonymous

I’m assuming your using WinFax PRO 10 since you’re using a Photo Quality printer driver.

WinFax PRO 10 is available in 5 possible versions, 10.0, 10.01, 10.02, 10.03 and 10.04. In addition, the macro (WinFax PRO icon you see in Word) can also be different in each version (and can be easily changed from the stock installation of WinFax PRO)

I have not come across the problem you are experiencing, but to troubleshoot this I would first check to see if the versions of WinFax PRO are exactly the same, and then check the version of macro installed (wfword2k.dot) file that is installed in Word’s STARTUP directory.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.