Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ringadeal

It has been determined that the blurred imaging and white streaks are now occured in 50% of all faxes I send with winfax. I know it is happening with winfax as the same outcome resulted by 2 remote fax machines print output.

Please see the attached screenshot depicting a fax printout that I sent using winfax and advise resolution for this poor print quality issue.

Administrator
    Keymaster

What type of fax modem are you using (name, model ?)
    what are the current settings in WinFax under Modems & Communications Devices for this modem? (select the Modem Name, Properties)
    usually, this problem is caused by the settings of the modem but in some cases it could be line noise on the phone.

note: I removed the attachment (sample) you posted only because it contained some personal information (assumed this was a real invoice)

ringadeal

US Robotics 56K external modem / port TAPI / initialize at 38400 / Modem Type Class 1
    if all settings seem fine, noise on the line is indeed a possibility since i do occassionally receive static on the phone line.
    thanks for removing the attachment. It was my intention to do so after receiving a reply.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@ringadeal wrote:

US Robotics 56K external modem / port TAPI / initialize at 38400 / Modem Type Class 1
    if all settings seem fine, noise on the line is indeed a possibility since i do occassionally receive static on the phone line.
    thanks for removing the attachment. It was my intention to do so after receiving a reply.

I’ve seen this issue before with U.S. Robotics modems set as Class 1. You can try switching the “Class” option to “Class 2.0” if it is available (most U.S. Robotics external modems support Class 2.0)
    You’ll probably see a message stating you will lose the Class 1 custom initialization string settings, you can go ahead and click OK to this message. Once it is set to Class 2.0 you can try sending a new fax to see if the problem persists.

ringadeal

thanks for your reply. i have done as suggested and will see if the issue persists

ringadeal

change class to 2 and issue still persists

haven’t experienced static on the line lately.

any other suggestions?

re-installation of winfax? reinstallation of drivers? etc

Administrator
    Keymaster

was it set to Class 2.0 or 2? These are actually two different options.

ringadeal

2 is not an available option

Administrator
    Keymaster

you can try the following:

From the Initialize at drop down menu, select 19200.
    Select the Fax tab.
    Set the Minimum transmission speed to Send at any rate.
    Under Initialization string sequence 1, remove any existing initialization string and replace it with the following:
    AT&F1
    For Initialization string sequence 2, enter the following initialization string:
    ATS36=0
    NOTE: Use the zero in the above initialization string sequence.
    Initialization string sequences 3 and 4 should be left blank, remove any initialization string that appears here.
    The Flow Control field should be left blank, remove any initialization string that appears here.
    Uncheck Use hardware flow control. (not an option if using class 2.0)
    Under Options, uncheck all options. (not an option if using Class 2.0)

ringadeal

print quality was fine for quite some time now and now the issue has resurfaced.

With the other suggested changes still in place, do we now resort to believe this must be static on the line?

Is it possible for static to exist even though it is not detected when speaking on the phone but yet only winfax is sensitive to it?

thanks again!

Administrator
    Keymaster

yes, if static was loud enough to hear, then you would probably encounter errors that would prevent the fax from sending or receiving.

I would suggest trying a different modem (or add a 2nd modem to WinFax) or try another telephone line .

ringadeal

faulty phone jack it is!!

Administrator
    Keymaster

@ringadeal wrote:

faulty phone jack it is!!

glad you found the problem.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.