Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

WHEN SENDING A FAX, HOW DO I SEND A LETTER SIZED DOCUMENT WITH A LEGAL SIZE DOCUMENT WITHIN THE SAME FAX? IT SEEMS TO PRINT ONLY TO LETTER SIZE WHEN ADDING AN ATACHMENT TO THE SEND WINFAX DIALOG.

Anonymous

If you save each document as a separate attachment, and then send them together later as a single fax transmission it should work fine.

Anonymous

How do you save a document as an attachment?

Anonymous

After you print the document to the WinFax PRO printer, you should see the WinFax Send dialog box (where you enter the fax number and name etc.)
    Instead of entering this information, you click on File, Save as Attachment and enter an attachment name you can remember. Do that for each fax you want to send, when you are ready to send the fax you click on “Add Attachment” and then can send those attachments you created previously.
    🙂

Anonymous

Yep, that works, thanks for the help. 😀

Anonymous

Glad that helped.

there is another way to do it which bypasses the creation of attachments (this is useful if you are faxing immediately and don’t really need to keep an attachment of your fax)

You first print the first document to WinFax.
    It should appear in the Send dialog preview thumbnail. Leave the Send Dialog box open, and then open your 2nd document and print again to the WinFax PRO printer. The 2nd document should now append to the existing document in the Send Dialog box. Repeat for additional documents, and when you are ready to send, fill the details and click Send.

Anonymous

Yes, that works also, I don’t know why I didn’t have figured out this before. Thanks again. Do you work for Symantec or are you independant?

Anonymous

No, we are not affliated with Symantec athough I have been using WinFax software since 1992 (WinFax PRO 2.0)

🙂

Anonymous

I was told by Symantec that a seperate copy and license is required to use fax sharing. Is there a way to use the copy I have of Winfax on both my computers and use one as the host?

Anonymous

@MVERNLUND wrote:

I was told by Symantec that a seperate copy and license is required to use fax sharing. Is there a way to use the copy I have of Winfax on both my computers and use one as the host?

There is no technical software limitation to prevent you from installing multiple copies on your network to use Fax Sharing, however, you do require a license to legally use the additional copies. I believe what Symantec is trying to say is, if you use two copies you should pay for two copies.

Previous Symantec/Delrina license agreements allowed the installation of WinFax on a notebook or 2nd computer providing it wasn’t the primary machine. For example, a notebook which you use on the road and a home PC.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.