Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jerzybondon

I have Winfax setup to receive faxes on two modems.
    The problem is that from time to time Winfax partially merges two incoming faxes. I would receive only first page of the first fax (which can be for ex. 20 pages) and whole second fax without the first page as one fax (merged).

I’m using version 10.04 on WinXP Pro.

Anonymous

Not much you can do here, this is likely a problem the way the faxes were sent. If they are send one page after another without the page break, its not sending an EOP (End of Page) signal causing WinFax to continue receivng the 2nd (or 3rd etc) pages as one fax.

jerzybondon

Let me describe my problem different way to make sure we are on the same page.

The two faxes which are coming to our office are coming from two different physical locations.
    Only first page of the few pages fax comes through from the first location.
    All pages, besides the first one, come through from the second location.
    When you view merged fax you see first page of the fax from the first location (with the rest of the pages missing) and whole fax from the second location (with first page missing).

Anonymous

Not sure if I am understanding what is happening.

2 different faxes
    the first fax fails , only 1st page comes through
    2nd location the rest of the faxes are sent successfully (except the 1st page)

how are these merged? are they not two seperate entries in your Receive Log?
    and if they didn’t receive properly, they should appear with a red “X” in the log.

jerzybondon

They don’t show up as two separate entries. They show up as one entry in Receive Log. This entry shows as completed successfully in the log.

Anonymous

@jerzybondon wrote:

They don’t show up as two separate entries. They show up as one entry in Receive Log. This entry shows as completed successfully in the log.

So two seperate faxes, faxed at a different time, from two different fax numbers show up as one fax entry in your log? I have not seen this ever happen before…

jerzybondon

That’s exactly the situation. I just assume that the moments at which both faxes are coming are pretty close.

Anonymous

@jerzybondon wrote:

That’s exactly the situation. I just assume that the moments at which both faxes are coming are pretty close.

What type of fax modem is installed in the PC? Are both modems internal or external, and what models are they? Are they both identical models?

jerzybondon

I have one internal and one external modem.
    Internal one is PCI Conexant D850 56K V9x DFVc on COM1.
    External one is Best Data 56K V.92 USB Hardware Base Modem on COM2.
    Operating system: Windows XP Professional.

JohnD
    Participant

@jerzybondon wrote:

I have one internal and one external modem.
    Internal one is PCI Conexant D850 56K V9x DFVc on COM1.
    External one is Best Data 56K V.92 USB Hardware Base Modem on COM2.
    Operating system: Windows XP Professional.

I can’t say I have ever heard or seen this problem, especially with two different types of modems. If you have this problem often, you might want to try and determine which modem is causing this difficulty. Possibily replace one of the modems with another modem to see if the problem stops. I would suggest removing the USB modem and try to install a serial modem on COM2 and see if problems persist.

jerzybondon

I don’t have serial port on the computer and there is no PCI slot available, so I will have to stay with what I have right now.
    I appreciate your effort.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.