Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    allenle

I have one modem setup working corretly under the TAPI port and have added a second modem under the com3 port. When I have the second modem enabled, it will only let me have one modem enabled to recieve. So if I go to enable the first modem to recieve, the second modem will be disable to recieve and vice versa. So basically I can only have one modem to recieve. Does anyone know why this is happening? And why does one have to be TAPI and one under a COM port? Please help!??!

Anonymous

I’ve never tried enabling both modems to receive when one modem was TAPI and the other set to Com port mode. I believe both may have to be set to TAPI for both to receive (of course you’ll need two phone lines to receive at the same time). I’m setting up a 2nd modem on one of my machines in the next week or so, so i’ll see what happens. I think one problem could be if the modems are identical, the TAPI drivers can get mixed up in WinFax. One will install as TAPI and the other as Com port mode, but I have not confirmed this. Do both modems use the same TAPI drivers? (or are identical modems?)

Edited By Moderator on 1151440425

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.