Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mikeschmitt

We have a network with 3 PCS all running Windows XP (2 with SP1 and 1 with SP2). We installed Winfax 10.03 on both the SP1 systems. It is going great. One system is the host and the other system is a client. However, we ran into some issues with the SP2 system. I read that SP2 doesn’t work with WinFax 10.03. I uninstalled SP2 inorder to install 10.03, but when I select Fax Sharing Client and it prompts me to configure a new connection it says that TCP/IP is not installed. Whats weird is that the Internet is working as well as the network and when I look under the network properties I see TCP/IP installed. Any ideas how I could fix this?

Also, I was wondering if I update 10.03 to 10.04 on the old SP2 machine, will I have to update all the other systems to 10.04? Does the host and clients need to have the same version of WinFax in order to work?

Thank you in advance

Anonymous

Log on with Administrative rights to the local computer.
    Click Start.
    Point to Find, then choose Files or Folders. The Find dialog box appears.
    Choose the drive on which you installed WinFax PRO from the Look In drop-down list.
    In the Named field, type regacces and then click Find Now. Windows will find and display all instances of Regacces.
    Double-click REGACCES. The WinFax Shared Settings Permissions dialog box appears.
    Click Add.
    Add the users to whom you wish to grant access to WinFax PRO or TalkWorks PRO, and then click OK.
    Click OK.
    Restart Windows NT and log on as the user who wants to use WinFax PRO/TalkWorks PRO.

Should not matter which version 10.0, 10.01, 10.02, 10.03 or 10.04 for Fax Sharing. However, I would recommend 10.04 on all Windows XP machines

mikeschmitt

Thanks for the support.

I went to everyone’s machine and added “everyone” in the regaccess, but it still seems not to work. Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Dave

bondi

I have 3 “pc” with windows XP ssp2 in a workgroup (named CME) and Winfax 10.4.

The user for logon is “administrator” ed password: “blank” for each “pc”.

One “pc” is the host and the other “pc” is a client.

When I use the client I recived this error:

WinFax PRO is Unable to connect to the WinFax PRO Host station called 192.168.2.137. Make sure an account has been creted for you on the host station (using the same name/password used ti login on your client station).

thanks

marco (italy

JohnD
    Participant

@bondi wrote:

I have 3 “pc” with windows XP ssp2 in a workgroup (named CME) and Winfax 10.4.

The user for logon is “administrator” ed password: “blank” for each “pc”.

One “pc” is the host and the other “pc” is a client.

When I use the client I recived this error:

WinFax PRO is Unable to connect to the WinFax PRO Host station called 192.168.2.137. Make sure an account has been creted for you on the host station (using the same name/password used ti login on your client station).

thanks

marco (italy

Marco,
    what troubleshooting steps have you already tried?

Anonymous

@mikeschmitt wrote:

We have a network with 3 PCS all running Windows XP (2 with SP1 and 1 with SP2). We installed Winfax 10.03 on both the SP1 systems. It is going great. One system is the host and the other system is a client. However, we ran into some issues with the SP2 system. I read that SP2 doesn’t work with WinFax 10.03. I uninstalled SP2 inorder to install 10.03, but when I select Fax Sharing Client and it prompts me to configure a new connection it says that TCP/IP is not installed. Whats weird is that the Internet is working as well as the network and when I look under the network properties I see TCP/IP installed. Any ideas how I could fix this?

Also, I was wondering if I update 10.03 to 10.04 on the old SP2 machine, will I have to update all the other systems to 10.04? Does the host and clients need to have the same version of WinFax in order to work?

Thank you in advance

You can also try removing and re-adding TCP/IP in Windows.
    I’ve found this works, in another case I had to remove some specific TCPIP registry entries, remove and then re-add TCP/IP in Windows and then it worked.
    If you need the specific TCP/IP entries in the registry where WinFax checks, I can look that up for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.