Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dwalters711

Winfax “sees” the act db in the phonebook tree, and defaults to the cover page when I want to send a fax, but is not able to “see” current lookup or fax to it once I run a lookup in the database.

JohnD
    Participant

what version of WinFax? and ACT! ?

you may have to unlink the phonebook from within ACT! (I believe this is in Edit, Preferences, WinFax Tab), and then try to link it back again.

dwalters711

thanks John, winfax 10 act 5.0 (2000). tried the unlink and relink but no good. recognizes status and ID designations in each database but not current lookup. when I did the unlink I started to get messages of coding errors: value [] should not be found in Key, HKLM HK security etc.

JohnD
    Participant

Do you use Norton Anti-Virus or Norton Firewall product? or recently installed a new version of Norton ?

dwalters711

using windows virus program – Microsoft security essentials. no Norton AV on machine

dwalters711

also John – recognizes quick fax command now sporadically in a database when first opened, could not get program to do it time after time. Should I reinstall? Byt the way, this product was reinstalled on this new machine and backup files were copied, not retored if this make any difference.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Ok, if this is a new install then you need to verify you have the latest software for both ACT! 5.0 and WinFax PRO 10.

You need to confirm your installed version of WinFax PRO under Help, About option. (10.0, 10.01, 10.02, 10.03)

ACT! requires version 10.03 of WinFax (recommended, but 10.0 or 10.01 should work too) 10.02 does not work properly with ACT!

Also, you need to make sure you have the latest version of ACT! 5.0x I am not sure what that is. There may have been patch updates, if you reinstalled your software on a new machine, you may need to apply patch updates if they exist.

The best place to ask about if you have the latest ACT! 5.0 installed is here:
    http://community.act.com/sage/

dwalters711

using act 5.0.4.495 and winfax 10.03. These were working before the reinstall.

Administrator
    Keymaster

have you tried reindexing your ACT! database? make sure you have a backup before doing this.

dwalters711

I did reindex but will backup and try it again after another reindex.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.