Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    alanabanana

I am currently running Winfax Pro 10.04 and recently have been receiving distorted faxes.
    I have uninstalled then reinstalled, updated from 10.03 to 10.04 and still had the same problems.

Got in touch with Symantec via a live chat and the operator could not help me with my issue, even after connecting to my computer remotely. Hence me being here!

In Australia, a telephone provider will send you a test fax, stating how well your fax is working etc.
    In the results they found, they have said it could be the transmission speed and that my terminal number is missing.
    I have played around with different speeds but to no success. I have no idea how to change my terminal number either!

I am hoping someone can help me with this huge issue!

Thanking you,
    Alana

JohnD
    Participant

10.04 update does not solve any issues related to sending or receiving faxes. It only allows you to setup Fax Sharing under XP SP2/SP3.

Terminal number I would assume is a term they are using to describe your CSID (caller station identifier). Usually this is set as your fax number or name. In WinFax, the CSID can be changed / added under Program Setup, User. This setting however has nothing to do with receiving distorted faxes.

Receiving distorted faxes can be the result of several different problems, from telephone line quality, fax modem drivers, Windows setup of the fax modem, to fax modem settings in WinFax.

What type of fax modem are you using? Is it internal or external? What model is it?
    Are you using standard telephone line to send and receive faxes? or do you use VoIP ?
    Do you have DSL high speed fax service? If so, you may need a filter added between the fax modem and telephone line connection.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.