Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    maldonado

One of winfax pro features is that you can receive from a different fax number than you send. How does this work?? Do you need two phone numbers on one line with the distinctive ring and does this work with XP PRO operating system? Basically what I would like to do is send faxes through my business line and have my clients fax to me using a 800 number so they are not charged can this logistically work? Thanks.

Amanda

Anonymous

Distinctive ring is really for receiving faxes, it allows you to have a different phone number assigned to you but still only having one physical phone line connected to your home/business. WinFax can be configured to only answer the phone with a specific ring pattern.

If you want to receive faxes with one phone line and send faxes with another, you can configure two different fax modems in your PC and have one set to send using a specific fax modem (which is connected to a specific fax line)

The other option is to use a service like Concord Fax Mailbox, which offers you a 1-800 toll free number to receive faxes. You can retreive your faxes directly from WinFax or any touch-tone phone. Contact Concord Fax for details on this service. http://www.concordfax.com

maldonado

How do you add an additional fax modem to your computer? Keep in mind I am computer illiterate. THANKS!!

Amanda

Anonymous

@maldonado wrote:

How do you add an additional fax modem to your computer? Keep in mind I am computer illiterate. THANKS!!

Amanda

Adding a 2nd fax modem is the same as adding any additional device to your PC. Depending on the type of fax modem (external type vs. internal type) the instructions would vary.

External fax modems are simple to install providing you already have a free/unused “serial” port on your PC. (There are USB plug-in type modems, but we don’t recommend those with WinFax)
    In most cases , you plug it in to a COM1 or COM2 serial port and it will work. (Providing your existing modem isn’t using the same com port)

Adding an internal modem is a little more complicated, since you need to make sure it doesn’ t conflict with your existing fax modem. This would involve determining what your existing modem is configured as, and changing the “jumpers” or installation settings on the new modem to a different setting so it doesn’t conflict.

This isn’t something you would install yourself if you are not familiar with the inner workings of your computer. I would recommend getting a 2nd modem installed professionally if you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.