Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    andyclev

Hello.

This is a great website and I hope you can help me. I have WinFax 10.03 running on Windows XP SP2. Everything was working well for months (year+?) when 2 weeks ago WinFax was no longer answering on the 2nd ring, the disc drive was running feverishly on answer, taking forever to open up and “handshake” with the incoming fax to the point where the incoming fax stopped sending.

The only option I have in the modem setup is TAPI.

I am running this on a HP Pavilion zd8000 notebook. Working great, then not. The internal modem is a Conexant Data Fax modem with SmartCP. This same problem arose on a different notebook with a different modem.

I uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Anonymous

The would try the first 3 steps outlined in this document

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….9291704

Edited By Moderator on 1145664384

andyclev

Thank you for the assistance, but unfortunately nothing worked.

The program is set to answer on 2 rings but it takes about 4 rings for the receive dialog to come up and then another 4 rings for the modem to finish “setting the speaker” before it finally answers, too long a wait for the incoming fax to keep ringing for a connection.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Andy

Anonymous

How often do you delete your send/receive logs, and/or move the logs to another message store in WinFax? Considering you’ve been running for at least a year (or more) if you have more than 500 entries in your log I suggest you do this.

Uninstall and reinstall doesn’t usually wipe out your logs, unless you click Yes when prompted to do so. If your logs are corrupted and causing a problem it will continue to do so after a reinstall.

This is something you might want to try,

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….8151704

I suggest backing up the entire WinFax directory first before you attempt this (just incase you lose any fax data)

Edited By Moderator on 1148089111

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.