Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jozeph50

I forgot to backup my logs from my data folder. I did back up the phone books and was able to restore those.
    Is there a way to import my old faxes (receive and send etc.) still?? They are still in the data folder. I just don’t know how to get them.
    thanks
    joe

Anonymous

yes, have you tried the import options in WinFax?

jozeph50

Hi
    i have gone to import, but it asks for a file location. i then put the location as the data directory in winfax. what happened is winfax wouldn’t start at all and i read somewhere to delete the status files in the data directory. it worked and i was able to get winfax up and going, but i wasn’t able to backup the logs. the files are all there just individually. any suggestions.
    thanks
    joe

Anonymous

the status files are your logs, WinFax loads these files upon startup so it can generate a list of send, received and faxes currently in the outbox. The Logs point to the locations/filenames of the fax files.

By deleting the status*.* files, you’ve actually deleted your logs. You stil have your faxe files, but they are orphaned because the are missing the status*.* files.

Do you have any back up of your STATUS*.* files? because if you do not, you cannot import just FAX files into WinFax to generate a new log.

You can however import “Attachments”, and have all your faxes (FXS, FXR, FXM) be viewed as attachments. This doesn’t work for cover pages.

jozeph50

Hi
    thanks for the info. however, when i go to import all i get is PHONE BOOK , LOG , & COVER PAGE. None of which let me import the attachments. is there another import option i am missing?
    thanks
    joe

Anonymous

If you go into the attachments, you can Add an attachment. Here you can select multiple attachments to add (use control key to select more than one)

jozeph50

Thanks
    that did the trick.
    joe

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.