Fax Software

Community Forums

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I installed WinFax Pro 9.02 on my PC and installed WFXMacro for Word 2000, After the installation when I Click on either Winfax Macro Setup or Winfax Mail Merge in Word, I am getting the following error.
    “Runtime error ‘-2147023067 (80070725)’ Automation Error”

When I tried the same process on another PC everything installs fine??

SOS

Anonymous

@sri_guni wrote:

I installed WinFax Pro 9.02 on my PC and installed WFXMacro for Word 2000, After the installation when I Click on either Winfax Macro Setup or Winfax Mail Merge in Word, I am getting the following error.
    “Runtime error ‘-2147023067 (80070725)’ Automation Error”

When I tried the same process on another PC everything installs fine??

SOS

Have you tried these steps?

Exit WinFax PRO, Word 2000 and the WinFax Controller if running.

1. Search for the file cover.db in the data directory being using by WinFax.
    2. Select the found file, click File, and click Rename.
    3. Rename the file to cover.old and press Enter, the file is renamed.
    4. Close the Find window.
    5. Start WinFax PRO
    6. In the Message Manager, click View, and click Cover Pages.

Anonymous

I tried the option mentioned, I renamed the cover.db to cover.old and opened Winfax Pro, in the view menu I couldn’t find Cover Page but on the “Side Bar” I clicked on Cover Pages Button, which shows on the right New Cover Page, Quick Cover Page, (Anything to be done after that), I went back to Word and clicked Winfax Macro Setup but the same error message pops again, same error message is displayed when I click on WinFax button on the toolbar but it sends the fax normally, only problem is with winfax mail merge

Anonymous

Try the following:

Enable the WinFax Automation Server

This error message can also appear if the WinFax Automation Server cannot be found in the location specified by Word 2000. The WinFax Automation Server is used by external applications, such Office 2000, to communicate with WinFax.

To enable the WinFax Automation Server

In Word 2000, click the Tools menu, point to Macro, and click Visual Basic Editor. (Pressing Alt+F11 will also do this).

Click the Tools menu, and click References.

Check “WinFax Automation Server,” click OK, click File, and then click Close.

Exit, and then restart Word 2000. The error message should not appear.

If problems persist, you will need to link the Wfxctl32.tlb file to the WinFax Automation Server macro.

To link the Wfxctl32.tlb file to the WinFax Automation Server macro
    In Word 2000, click the Tools menu, point to Macro, and click Visual Basic Editor. (Pressing Alt+F11 will also do this.)
    Click Tools, and click References.
    Select “WinFax Automation Server,” click Browse, and continue on to step 5.
    If the WinFax Automation server is not listed in Word 2000, then manually add the WinFax Automation Server by clicking Browse from the References dialog box, and then continue on to step 5.
    Locate and select Wfxctl32.tlb. This is located in the …WinFax folder.
    Click OK, click File, and click Close.
    Exit, and then restart Word 2000. The error should not appear again.

If you still get errors, try updating your WinFax PRO 9.02 software to release 9.03 (see the Files area for the proper update file) and then try the above steps again if the update didn’t solve anything.

Edited By Moderator on May 12 2005 at 17:21

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.