Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fn1wfp

I have Winfax Pro 10.04 running on windows XP. Everything has been fine..until about 2 weeeks ago when i saw that the send speed wasnt running where it should be..Normally its 14400 and its been sending anywhere from 2400-9600 and its taking on average 20 min to send out a 1 page fax. I have removed the modems and reinstalled them I have restarted the computer (this works for about 2 faxes and then its back to slow speed) I have defragged /scan disk the computer (this also worked for about 2 faxes) I can’t call tech support nor is there no online support anymore from symantec….I am at a loss on how to fix my issue…. 🙁 Does anyone have any ideas on what I can try to fix the issue?

Administrator
    Keymaster

you won’t always see 14,400bps connections unless the other fax machine supports this speed. There are many older fax machines in use that only support a maximum of 9600bps.

If your seeing a lot of 2400bps and 4800bps sends, then it is likely a line noise or modem setup problem.

What type of fax modem are you using, and what are the current settings you are using in WinFax PRO?

If your looking for technical support (remote service) we can offer this for you. See the link below for details.

fn1wfp

2 of our modems are Robotics internal and 2 of them are 56k external.

If this is line noise (which is what I am thinking after your reply and talking to others) how is this fixed? Is this a phone company problem?

But I will double check my modem settings and make sure they are set up right.

Thank you for your help 😀

Administrator
    Keymaster

If you think the problem could be line noise, the phone company can confirm this. Before you contact the phone company, first ensure it isn’t something that is connected to your own phone line that is causing a problem. Remove any splitters or other devices on your line and then test the fax sending.

If your using a VoIP line, or using a credit card (calling card) for dialing out, its possible that the line your connecting to may not support fax properly.

it can also very well be a software related problem, so you have to also confirm your settings in WinFax for the US Robotics modem. Most newer US Robotics modems support Class 2.0, so you may want to try that setting if problems persist.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.