Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    paulcarter
    Participant

sending email with winfax requires the receiver to download something in order for them to review whats sent. How can I send email with winfax that doesnt require everyone to have to download a prehistoric file?

Administrator
    Keymaster

You can’t.

This is a limitation of the software. The initial version of WinFax PRO 10 would send an .exe file that would open the fax image on any Windows system. While it was a good idea at the time (circa 1998), the spread of viruses through .exe files sent via e-mail prompted e-mail client software (Like Outlook) to block the sending of .exe files as attachments via an automated process. This option became obsolete and Symantec changed the attachment to the WinFax .fxm format to bypass the .exe blocking problem.

The disadvantage is that to view the .fxm fax, you need to have WinFax, or the WinFax Viewer installed on the PC. Sending a fax image via e-mail with WinFax should really only be used for sending notifications to yourself. For example, you receive a fax and you want it forwarded to your e-mail so you can view it on another computer.

If you want to send a copy of a WinFax Fax image to someone via e-mail, you can export the image to another format such as TIFF or PCX from the WinFax PRO Viewer (File,Export) and send that image as an attachment in the e-mail. Many paint and image type software can view the TIFF or PCX image. Alternatively, you can install PDF generating software (such as PrimoPDF) that can generate PDF files from any printed document. Print the fax to your PDF Writer software, and then attach the PDF Document with your e-mail. Adobe Reader is common and most PC owners have it installed.

paulcarter
    Participant

format say ASCII OR dBASE. Which should I choose and what would I do next?

Administrator
    Keymaster

@paulcarter wrote:

format say ASCII OR dBASE. Which should I choose and what would I do next?

None of the above.

You need to be in the WinFax Viewer to export a fax image. File, Export from the Fax Viewer

paulcarter
    Participant

Tried changing format but no luck. can you send me a link where to install PDF generating software (such as PrimoPDF) that can generate PDF files from any printed document?

Administrator
    Keymaster

I just did a Google search (http://www.google.com) and entered “PrimoPDF” in the search field and the 1st result was PrimoPDF’s Web site. This is the Web site http://www.primopdf.com

paulcarter
    Participant

Downloaded free version from your link and that did the trick! PROBLEM SOLVED!! THANKYOU…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.