Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    synthetic

Hello,
    maybe someone would know this:
    Can I set up Winfax pro so it sends faxes witn my all-in-one Cannon Mx300 printer instead of a modem? I can send faxes with my printer from different windows applications like Microsoft Word or Open Office but I am not sure how set up Winfax pro with it.
    Thanks.

Administrator
    Keymaster

WinFax will not support this All-In-One printer as a fax modem. Therefore, you will not be able to send or receive faxes directly from WinFax using this device. Unfortunately, most of these All-In-One Fax devices (printer/scanner/copiers) are proprietory hardware that will only work with the software that is included with the device, they are not considered class 1,1.0,2 or 2.0 fax devices (which are compatible with WinFax)

We have configured setups where both an internal (or external) fax modem and All-in-one printer can be configured so they work together, so when the computer is off, the fax is received by the All-In-One-Printer, and when the computer is on with WinFax active, all faxes are received to WinFax (and can also be printed, to the All-In-One Printer)

synthetic

Thank you for your prompt reply, that’s too bad I can’t do that as Winfax pro got pretty good fax archiving, storing capabilities.

Administrator
    Keymaster

There are many advantages using WinFax over the All-In-One fax software. This is usually very limited. The advantage of the All-In-One, is some of them work as a stand-alone fax machine without the use of a computer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.