Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am trying to send a PDF file as a fax using the SDK. A snip of my code is as follows:

objWinfaxSend.AddAttachmentFile "C:test.pdf"

objWinfaxSend.SetNumber "0800 108 208"
    objWinfaxSend.AddRecipient

But for some reason I am getting the error:

Winfax cannot send the binary file
    C:test.pdf
    as a winfax image because the program needed to print this file cannot be found. Do you want to omit all recipients from the event who require this file in WinFax image format?

I have Adobe Acrobat 4.0 installed on my PC, and the test.pdf file does exist. Any ideas?

Anonymous

In Windows, can you right-click the C:TEST.PDF file and select “Print” from the pop-up menu?

wongchiew

We also faced the same problem. We can print when select “Print” from the pop-up menu…
    But how to solve the message prompted?

Administrator
    Keymaster

WinFax is trying to silently print the PDF in the background, and Adobe Acrobat isn’t allowing it. This is probably due to security concerns.

WinFax will print using the same method as if you manually selected the PDF and selected “Right Click, Print…” in Explorer , so if this opens print dialog, it will also appear when performing this “attach” operation from WinFax.

I think the only way you can do this would be to use the DDE method of silent printing for PDF files, which is a bit complicated method than simply “attaching” a file in WinFax because it involves switching the printer driver to WinFax from the default, switching it back, and addtional SDK methods.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/acrobat/acrobat_scripting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.