Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hallo,

I have one analog modem and one ISDN-card connected to WinFaxPro 10.02.
    Now I would like to specify the ISDN-card for receiving and the modem for sending faxes. The online help says that I have to open the programm adjustment and there the properties for the sending of faxes. In there I have to open the page ‘further adjustments’ and deactivate the line I want to use for receiving.

The problem is that the page ‘further adjustments’ is not available when I have one modem and one ISDN-card active. I can only see it when I have two modems active.
    How can I set the ISDN-line only for receiving faxes while the outgoing faxes go to the modem?
    At the moment WinFaxPro always uses the ISDN-line for sending out faxes but I need this line for the incoming faxes because of the caller-id that we get by the ISDN-line.
    I hope you can help me.

System: Win2000 professional, Service Pack4, WinFaxPro 10.02, (ISDN)FritzCard Pci, Modem Acer 56 Surf extern ComPort 1

Thank you very much for your help!

Arndt Hoffmann

Anonymous

Hi,
    I don’t think this is possible with WinFax. The reason is that WinFax handles the modems and the ISDN devices seperately, for the modems it will support up to 2 analog modems. Since you only have one analog modem installed, it will not give you the options for the 2nd modem because your second modem is ISDN, not analog.

I don’t know if this is a technical limitation, or just something that was overlooked. I believe the problem is that you can’t use the ISDN and the analog modem at the same time with WinFax (you can however use two analog modems at the same time)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.