Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have been using Winfax Pro 10.0 for a really long time and last week it stopped working. It would freeze any time i tried opening it. I did system restore, a virus scan, a dskchk, and everything else could think of. I ended up uninstalling it and reinstalling it. It is continuing to freeze up when starting or worse, NOTHING happens, i click and it just ignores it, i look in the processes and its like i never did anything. I cant get into the program setup or the help or ANYTHING!!
    i am using windows XP on a dell dimension desktop.
    Please help, i am so lost its pitiful. :'(

Administrator
    Keymaster

is this a brand new install, or did you reinstall overtop your existing data folder? (did you select to delete all your data during the uninstall?)

Have you tried rebuilding your log and phonebooks using the rebuild tool?

problems starting WinFax is usually data related, or one or more required WinFax startup programs are not being started before you start WinFax Controller or Message Manager.

I did not delete the old data cause i currently am mapped to ACT! (my customer Database). Where would i locate the Rebuild tool? i

Administrator
    Keymaster

Info on Rebuild is here
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….w=docid

recommend you have a backup of your WinFax directory before attempting this

You may want to consider our Live Remote Technical Service, we guarantee to resolve the issue or your service fee is refunded.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.