Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

A year ago, after years of struggling with XP, ACT8/9/10 and MSFax, I bought a Windows 98SE computer and started using ACT6, WinFax Pro 10.03 with a Windows 98SE computer. I also use Office 2000. I use this for business for Fax mail merges. As I expected everything worked perfectly. Until today.

Today I modified a cover page in WinFax and saved it under a different name. I should have known that WinFax does not like stuff like that. Now, when I click WinFax Options and check Include a cover page, I receive the error message, “The server threw an exception”

I tried the solution from Sage which is to rename the WinFax Data folder and start again. This does not work. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling ACT and WinFax, many times, removed traces of WinFax from the registry, and tried lots of other desperate (and probably stupid) stuff but nothing works.

Can anyone out there help me? I am on the point of reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling my software.

Thanks
    John M

JohnD
    Participant

Now, when I click WinFax Options and check Include a cover page, I receive the error message, “The server threw an exception”

Where exactly are you clicking on WinFax Options? and is there any more details to that error message? like a module where the exception occured?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.