Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hallo,

i have two analog modems connected to com1 and com2.
    I would like to use the ‘SetDeviceName’ funktion from the send object to specifies the name of the modem-device for the next send job (fax).
    The ‘GetDeviceList’ funktion from the Configuration object gives me the following string: Sportster Voice 33.6 PnP|ELSA MicroLink 28.8TQV|
    The manual says syntax for SetDeviceName is:

short SetDeviceName(BSTR sDeviceName)

with ‘BSTR sDeviceName’ – The name of the device you want to use for this send job.

So i put the following code line into my VisualBasic program to send via the ELSA MicroLink 28.8TQV modem:

sendObj.SetDeviceName(“ELSA MicroLink 28.8TQV”)
    sendObj.Send(0)

Unfortunately the fax goes out via the Sportster Voice 33.6 PnP modem like before.
    There is no error displayed.
    When i put:
    ReturnCode=sendObj.SetDeviceName(“ELSA MicroLink 28.8TQV”)
    then ReturnCode is 0

Where is the mistake?

Thank you very much for your help!

Arndt Hoffmann

Anonymous

I’ll have to check my documents on this, because I seem to recall a problem with SetDeviceName. Instead, why don’t you use the SetDevice function?

Edited By Moderator on Jan. 16 2004 at 15:21

Anonymous

Thank you for your reply,

i have got no documentation about the SetDevice function in my Application Software Development Kit (SDK) (wfxsdk.pdf) from February 2000.
    Is it also from the send object?
    It would be great if you could give me a short example of the necessary code in VisualBasic if possible.

Thank you very much!

Arndt Hoffmann

Anonymous

Sorry, I couldn’t find any notes on this , and unfortunately I was thinking of “SetType” and “SetTypeByName” functions in the Send object, which is not what you were asking about. there is no “SetDevice” function.

Anonymous

Thank you for your quick answer!

What a pity. Is there perhaps a way to tell WinFaxPro to fax with one out of two connected modems by DDE or do you know where WinFaxPro stores the information about which modem is to use for sending? I think it must be somewhere in the registry of WIN2000. I could possibly change the setting there.

Thank you for your help!

Arndt Hoffmann

Anonymous

Yes, it may be possible to do this in the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREDelrinaCommSuite7.0Modems

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREDelrinaCommSuite7.0WFXIFModems

There are the two areas where modem details are stored. I have not tried to change any details to see if this would work, but is a ActiveModemID value under Modems that might do what you want.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.