Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GastTrvl

We been using winfax 10.03 for about 5 years. All clients are xp sp2 machines and the host was a windows 98 sp2. We decided to change the host PC to a new machine with xp sp2 on it. Any one who is in the admin group can start their controller on their client pc and it connects to the host with no problem. Faxing works fine for these indivduals. Anyone who is a power user or user receives a message stating the following: Winfax pro is unable to connect to the winfax pro host station called xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx make sure an account has been created for you on the host station “using the same name / password used to log in on your client station”

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

F.Y.I. I’m not sure if this matters but a user was created for logging into the pc that is hosting in order to connect to the network, this user has power user rights, would this matter or is there another way of doing this. Again, admins can fax / power users can’t.

JohnD
    Participant

You need to perform the steps to modify DCOM Security settings here:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….1425704

Some notes:

Section 1-3 is only required if you use Windows Firewall on any of the machines (host and/or client(s))
    If you are using another firewall, then you may need to add “wfxctl32.exe” as an exception or trusted file.

Section 4-6 is required on the WinFax Host.
    Section 4 is required on each client

If you are unsure how to perform these steps, you can also contact the Premium Live Support people on this forum for assistance. http://www.getfaxing.com/services.htm

Note regarding the “10.04” update that is listed in that Symantec document, I don’t recommend it.

Edited By JohnD on 1204133956

GastTrvl

Hi John,

Thank you for the help. I had done all the steps previously but it didn’t work, it turned out the firewall was blocking wfxclt32.exe I allowed what I thought was needed for winfax, I forgot that one file. Anyway, all is working now. Thanks for the help.

Hector

Administrator
    Keymaster

Thanks, I have closed this thread and marked as SOLVED.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘SOLVED: clients can’t connect to host – clients can’t connect to host’ is closed to new replies.